Becoming a neurosurgeon takes technical skill, careful hand eye coordination, and a ton of hard work. Is there anything you can do to practice in advance?
Students of all ages often ask me what they can do to prepare for a career in neurosurgery, so listen in as I detail what high school, college, and medical students can do to best prepare to become a neurosurgeon. In this video we’ll cover:
1) Can video games actually help your hand eye coordination?
2) How to explore neurosurgery as a high school student
3) Improving your chances of getting into the best medical school as a college student
4) How to maximize your chances in the residency match as a medical student
5) Goals for each stage of your pre-medical and medical training
This video was shared by Martin Rutkowski, MD