An exclusive 3 part 1:1 interview, featuring industry leading expert; Professor Fabrizio Stocchi
- A knowledge of the COMT mechanism of action in humans and the areas of the brain involved.
- An understanding of the pharmacokinetics of levodopa and the effect of the addition of a COMT inhibitor.
1. Knowledge of the tolcapone pivotal trials and efficacy results in fluctuating Parkinson disease, entacapone pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics and how this COMT inhibitor compares with tolcapone regarding efficacy in fluctuators.
2. An understanding of the BIPARK I and II trials for opicapone including results of the open-label extension phase.
1. Knowledge of when to use a COMT inhibitor and an understanding of when motor and nonmotor symptoms may appear.
2. Recognition of the importance of screening tools to diagnose wearing-off symptoms.
This interview was supported by an independent educational grant by Bial
HOW TO OBTAIN CME CREDITS
Participants requesting CME credits are required to complete the online evaluation form on the EACIC website www.eacic.eu.
Please follow the below steps to receive your CME Certificate.
Go to the EACIC website www.eacic.eu
- Click on “CLAIM YOUR CME CREDITS”
- Choose the option “I AM ALREADY REGISTERED” or “I AM NOT REGISTERED”
- The Event Code for this event is ORUEN2020
- Log on or register
- Complete the online evaluation form
- Press “save”
- Your CME certificate will be automatically emailed to the address provided
The deadline to complete the evaluation form is 6 January 2021.