We caught up with Prof. Angelo Antonini at the MDS Congress in Madrid to answer the following questions:
1. What is the need for treatment strategies that provide more continuous dopamine receptor stimulation?
2. Why is Apomorphine still underused outside Specialist tertiary referral centres?
3. Are there findings that could encourage neurologists to consider implementing Apomorphine infusion or other device-aided therapies earlier in the disease course?
4. Do those findings encourage the use even before the emergence of troublesome dyskinesias?
5. Would you see Apomorphine as an effective treatment for non-motor symptoms as well?